Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Make Time

Make Time by Victoria Osteen

I love to pray. I love to pray with my family and friends. When we pray together, we make powerful connections, and our prayers become stronger together. We also see in scripture that Jesus connected with His disciples through prayer. However, as much as He prayed with people, He made time to get alone with God. He withdrew from His busy schedule and obligations and got alone.

The Bible says that the strong spirit of a man sustains him. The way you become strong is by spending time with God.

When Joel and I were dating, we spent time with one another. Sometimes, we would sit across the table from one another and never even say a word. We spent a lot of time with each other and learned one another's likes and dislikes. Now, even when I'm not with Joel, I know Him so well that I know what He will say or do in any particular situation.

Joel and I could have dated for years in groups of people, but we wouldn't' know each other like when we got alone and connected. In fact, the only way you can really build a relationship with someone is when you get alone with them. The same is true for God. You have to make time with Him. No matter what is going on around you, God wants to do something in you. Make time for Him and watch Him strengthen and renew every part of your life!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33, ESV)
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply