Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > 12 Steps and 12 Traditions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

12 Steps and 12 Traditions Information and Discussions related to the 12 Steps and The 12 Traditions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #991
dwmoeller

Just for today, I will exercise my soul in 3 ways:

1. I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out. If anybody knows of it, it won't count.

2. I will do at least 2 things I don't want to do -- just for exercise.

3. I will not show anyone that my feelings ar hurt, they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #992
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will be open and share were I am at in today and open to receive the message my God would have me learn at my group tonight. I will not put up any walls and be myself and will be open to sharing what I have learned on my journey of recovery.

Sorry, computer problems stopped me from posting this earlier.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #993
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will do a 10th Step. I will inventory my day by what I did do, rather than focus on what I didn't do. I slept, even though it was a big sleep. I ate the dinner my son cooked for me. First full meal since Wednesday. I made tea biscuits at my son's suggestion. There was just enough milk. I sat down and had 2 with Maple Syrup. Have been trying to catch up on my water, on my 5th glass. I have taken breaks and still have time to finish if I am lucky.

I will remember to give thanks at the end of my day.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #994
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today I will try to concentrate and keep doing what I need to do in the moment. So far I gave done some posting, quit so my frustration would develop into something more. Set my alarm to get up and put a small roast of beef in the oven, peeled potatoes and added them to the roast. All is seasoned up and should be ready in less than an hour.

I had some whoops, dropping my cup and dumping the water all over the floor. I couldn't find a mop or a broom. I am sure they are around somewhere. I had a couple of my tea biscuits with honey to tide me over until the food is cooked. I had some crumbs I couldn't clean up. I am sure he will turn up sometime.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #995
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will apologize for being so late. My book kept calling me and I wouldn't give in and go to bed until 2 p.m. Even though I would nod off, I would sit up and try again. My dad said it was contrariness. I was told my son inherited it along with my first husban's stubbornness. There were always excuses.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing:
Old 08-15-2018, 09:15 PM   #997
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will accept where I am at. I was feeling down because I had a situation that was tiring. and I am grateful for the people who helped me along the way. Some of them were strangers and others who are long time friends. I inspired me today, to just keep plugging away. I am going with my friend Bert to help him celebrate 35 years sober.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:12 AM   #999
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Love it Dave. Thanks for sharing. Totally awesome.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:40 AM   #1000
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, i WILL PRACTICE PATIENCE AND TOLERANCE. It is not my computer's fault that I have to edit each post about 10 times, even though a lot of the keys have no letters printed on the any more. It is not my computer's fault that I speak in what looks like a foreign language or a forked tongue if you would. It isn't my computer's fault, that I have multiple letters, or no number at all. It is me.

When I concentrate I only make an error or two, MAYBE none at all.It often looks good, and it is a word in the dictionary's book, but not in mine. Sometimes the computer doesn't know if I mean there or their. The computer doesn't know that my hands are shaking more than usual although it should know by now. What it (beginning to thing of it as him) doesn't know that I woke up tonight with a twitch in my body that gets worse instead of better. I have to delete whole words, not just a letter. He should know that I think I know how to type without looking at the keyboard, but when I look from the screen I hCW Hs my dinfwea on rhw qeonf kwya oe in xPIROL LWRRWEA. Translation: I have my fingers on the wrong keys or on the capitol letters. Note: That should be capital. It looks like we both don't know. See I typed those two lines with only one error.
Please have patience with me and my computer/see we end it all with a typing earror. My butterfly has become an alien being.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #1002
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will practice accepting of what is in the moment. Living with a bunch of fellow seniors can be challenging.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #1003
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will show my gratitude for the gifts of today. Some may find them small, but to me they are big things. Like my visit from my friend Matt.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #1004
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Just for today, I will let go of my anger. I need to remember that the people around me don't have program. The anger only hurts me and eats away from my soul.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply