Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-01-2019, 01:09 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - January

January 1

Therefore take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist when times are evil, and after you have done everything to stand firm. Stand firm then! (TLV) - Ephesians 6:13-14a

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

2 Corinthians 5:17 – “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. — John 1:1-2
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. — Romans 12:2

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! – 2 Corinthians 5:17

Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Malachi 3:6a – For I am the Lord, I change not.

Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

1 John 2:12 (NIV) I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of His name.

Thought: You can't live in the present by dwelling on the past. Let it go.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:54 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 3

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Matthew 5:11

Philippians 3:13b-14 – I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." — Matthew 18:20

Philippians 4:9 NIV Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:13 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 4

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

James 2:8 NIV If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

Colossians 3:9-10 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

1 John 2:24 (NIV) See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you...

Thought: The Bible isn't just a book. It's the answer for everything in life.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:40 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 5

Psalm 103:1-4,17 – Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits — who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. From everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children.

"Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other." - Isaiah 45:22

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. – Psalm 55:22

Verse of the Day: “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. Psalm 103:8

Psalm 3:3 – But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

...I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day. - II Timothy 1:12

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. — Psalm 34:17-18

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Lamentations 3:22-23 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:14 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 6

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. —2 Corinthians 4:18

"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Psalms 91:11

Matthew 6:34, NIV "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Hebrews 12:1, NLT "...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."

Jeremiah 31:9 (NIV) I will lead them beside streams of water on a level path where they will not stumble...

Thought: He's making a way. Watch for it.

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. - Ephesians 2:10

I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. —Psalm 104:33-34

2 Corinthians 9:6-9
Generosity Encouraged
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”
Old 01-07-2019, 06:37 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. — Galatians 5:22-23

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. – Hebrews 11:1

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you. —Psalm 33:20-22

...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. — Isaiah 40:31

Isaiah 40:28 NIV Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Ephesians 5:1-2 “Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
Old 01-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

1 Corinthians 2:9-13 9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him—10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

1 John 3:1 (NIV) How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are!

The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. —Romans 15:13

“This is love for God: to obey his commands” (1 John 5:3, NIV).

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. — Ephesians 3:16-17
Old 01-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 9

The LORD is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? Psalm 27:1

Hebrews 10:23 (NIV) Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

The power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death. Romans 8:2

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. – Romans 12:12

Philippians 4:12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

Ephesians 4:2-3 NIV Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Old 01-10-2019, 05:57 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 10

I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life. John 8:12

‘Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path’ (Psalm 119:105).

Hebrews 10:24 (NIV) Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. - Luke 5:16

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! — Psalm 139:17
Old 01-11-2019, 06:03 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 11

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

‘Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you’ (1 Peter 5:7).

Romans 8:28 – And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

All who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. Romans 8:14

“Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other” (Isaiah 45:22).

Psalm 118:5-6 “When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Old 01-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 12

You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us. Establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands. - Psalms 90:17

Galatians 3:26-28 “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:17
Old 01-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. 1 John 1:5

This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. —Psalm 118:24

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge. Psalm 16:1

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. - Ephesians 1:3

Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. Lamentations 3:23
Old 01-14-2019, 06:21 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 14

1 Peter 4:8-11 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1

Psalm 91:1-2 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

John 13:34 – A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. — James 1:17

Romans 5:1-2 NIV Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 15

2 Corinthians 4:16 – Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. —Philippians 4:4-5

1 Peter 4:10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

"So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before God, who made us! Oh yes, he’s our God, and we’re the people he pastures, the flock he feeds." Psalm 95:6

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” – Romans 15:1-3

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Post New ThreadReply