Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-01-2021, 04:24 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - October

October 1

I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. —Psalm 34:1

John 14:21 NIV "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ?—John 10:10

Deuteronomy 1:30a – The Lord your God who goes before you will himself fight for you.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2021, 05:49 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

Love your neighbor as you love as yourself. — Matthew 22:39

2 Corinthians 12:9 – My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. —Psalm 34:2

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. — Hebrews 10:23

1 John 4:9 NIV This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
Old 10-03-2021, 06:05 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. —Psalm 34:3

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. — Proverbs 12:18

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2

Hebrews 13:16 – And don't forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.

Never get tired of doing good. 2 Thessalonians 3:13

Isaiah 40:31 “But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”

Psalm 31:14 But I trust in you, Lord; I say, “You are my God.”
Old 10-04-2021, 04:53 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 4

Psalm 18:2 – The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.

Titus 2:14 NIV Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Lamentations 3:19-24 I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Galatians 5:22
Old 10-05-2021, 06:36 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

So he said to me, "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty." ?—Zechariah 4:6

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

2 Timothy 1:7 – For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.” (Luke 6:38, NIV)

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ?—Isaiah 9:6

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. — Hebrews 12:2

2 Thessalonians 3:5 NIV May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
Old 10-06-2021, 05:40 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 6

Job 19:25 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) .

Philippians 3:13-14 NIV One thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 26:4 “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.”
Old 10-07-2021, 03:39 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 7

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ?—1 Thessalonians 5:18

1 Peter 2:9 – But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people; that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Deuteronomy 32:4 – He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he will strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." (Psalms 27:14)

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
Old 10-08-2021, 02:06 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 8

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ?—1 Thessalonians 5:18

"When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience." James 1:2-3

2 Corinthians 4:17 – For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (NIV)

Psalm 34:8 – Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. (NIV)

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
Old 10-09-2021, 05:15 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 9

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. —Hebrews 13:8

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. — Psalm 118:8

Deuteronomy 13:4 “It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.”

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
Old 10-10-2021, 06:38 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. —1 John 1:9

2 Peter 3:8-9 – But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Psalm 34:10 – The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Ephesians 3:12 – Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. — Colossians 3:16

Psalm 86:5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:19 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 11

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5

Galatians 5:22-23a – But the fruit that the Spirit produces in a person's life is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. —John 10:11

John 14:21 NIV "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:46 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 12

"The Lord your God is with you. The mighty One will save you. The Lord will be happy with you. You will rest in his love. He will sing and be joyful about you." —Zephaniah 3:17

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand. -- Psalm 37:23,24

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. -- Proverbs 16:9

Isaiah 40:28 NIV Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:59 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 13

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. (John 15:12 NIV)

Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty—he is the King of glory. Psalm 24:10

1 Peter 1:25 – But the word of the Lord remains forever. And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

Ezra 8:22b – The gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him. (NIV)

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. — Psalm 103:11-12

I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Psalm 34:14 – Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. — Matthew 5:4

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 10-14-2021, 03:35 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. — Colossians 3:15

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:3-4

Psalm 34:15 – The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry.

2 Samuel 22:29 29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.

Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalm 143:10
Old 10-15-2021, 03:53 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

Sovereign Lord, You are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and You have promised these good things to Your servant. — 2 Samuel 7:28

Colossians 3:12 NIV Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

2 Samuel 7:22 ““How great you are, Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. Colossians 1:10
Post New ThreadReply