Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Rescue

Rescue, Part 1

Mustard Seed Thoughts

The LORD turned to him and said, "Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian's hand. Am I not sending you?" "But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." The LORD answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together." Judges 6:14-16 NIV

In this series we will look at some of the issues God rescues us from in our life. Perhaps one of these is most needed in your life right now.

God rescues us from our own fear and weakness. Gideon was an unlikely candidate to lead an army into battle. He was a self-admitted weakling; yet God calls him a “Mighty Warrior”. God saw the potential for victory in Gideon; not his size or his lack of muscle tone.

God sees the same potential in you. If you are trusting in God and being obedient to His plan for your life, then you do not have to fear the world or those who get in your way. If God is for you, who can be against you?

The answer, as we learn from the story of Gideon…is NO ONE! Go in the strength of the Lord today! Ask Him to rescue you from your fear and weakness and give you victory!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

Rescue, Part 2

Mustard Seed Thoughts

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." John 20:27 NIV

God rescues us from the power of unbelief. Thomas was the ultimate doubter, yet Jesus gave Thomas assurance that He was who He claimed to be. Thomas needed to be rescued from unbelief.

Are you in a period of doubt? Do you want to believe? Often we find ourselves surrounded by situations which challenge our faith. Many times it’s not as much God we doubt as ourselves and our ability to completely rely on Him to help us through the situation. God understands our humanity. He’s not surprised by our doubts. He’s not even angered by those times. What motivates God is a heart that wants to know and trust Him more.

Ask God today to rescue you from your doubts and worry. Ask Him to give you a confidence and trust that He is fully able to meet all your needs.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

Rescue, Part 3

Mustard Seed Thoughts

You turned my wailing into dancing ; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, Psalms 30:11 NIV

God rescues us from our pain and suffering. The Psalmist David knew that truth and experienced it greatly in his life. The “man after God’s own heart” had times of tremendous sorrow and mourning and times of ecstactic joy and laughter. Through his highs and lows he lived an abundant life.

Isn’t that what Jesus promised His followers…an abundant life? Life is certainly full of surprises; packed with challenges and excitement. There are plenty of good times and bad times. For the follower of God, who places his trust and obedience in Christ, there will be an ending story which is full of joy…maybe even a little dancing.

Bust out the dancing shoes today! Ask God to clothe you again with His joy as He works all things for an ultimate good! Trust Him until He gets you there.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

Rescue, Part 4

Mustard Seed Thoughts

because you are not under law, but under grace. Romans 6:14 NIV

God has rescued us from the law. Jesus ushered grace into the world through His death, burial and resurrection. He paid the penalty demanded of the law, because we were not able to meet it’s righteous requirements.

This doesn’t mean the law is bad, or that we are encouraged to sin. In fact, the beginning of verse 14 says, “Sin shall not be your master.” We are rescued from the power of sin. We can find our power for living in the person of Jesus Christ, because as a believer, God’s Spirit lives in us.

Don’t be burdened with the weight of responsibility the law demands. Live to please Christ and not man. Sometimes the biggest burden givers are those who claimed to be the church. Do you know what else God rescues you from? The guilt that was imposed by not living up to the law. Through Jesus, God motivates with love, not guilt. His grace should be our encouragement to rid our life of sin, not the law or someone’s additions to it.

Live to please Christ today and let Him rescue you from the guilt of the law.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

Rescue, Part 5

Mustard Seed Thoughts

Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:24-26 NIV

Jesus rescues us from death! You may be afraid to die or of the death you see around you. Death seems to always occupy the news lately. Death is certainly prevalent in our society…always has been…always will be. It’s not a matter of whether people die or not. We are living in a temporary world. The question is what next?

Actually everyone goes on to an eternal something. We either spend an eternity with God or without God. God has rescued all of us from eternal death in some sense. When our life ends on this earth it doesn’t end.

The question for you is where will you spend your eternity? Let Jesus rescue you from death and allow you to spend an eternity with Him. How do you do that? Try this: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9 NIV)

And,

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12 NIV)

Obey God’s Word today and allow Him to rescue you from death!
Post New ThreadReply