Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Prayers and Prayer Requests
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prayers and Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests and favorite prayers here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 28

Martin Luther's Prayer for Morning

I give thanks to you, heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have protected me through the night from all danger and harm. I ask you to preserve and keep me, this day also, from all sin and evil, that in all my thoughts, words, and deeds I may serve and please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all that is mine. Let your holy angels have charge of me, that the wicked one have no power over me. Amen.

Prayer to Cast Aside Bad Habits

Mighty Holy Spirit, face of the one true God, help me, for I have slipped into bad habits. Something in me defies my attempts to change, and I feel compelled to do that which I do not want to do. I feel weak and ashamed, and I turn to you for help. Help me, dear God. Help me to resist this temptation. Lend me your mighty power to cast it aside.

You have graciously promised that you would not let us be tempted beyond our ability, but instead, would provide an escape for any temptation we pray to resist. Holy Spirit, show me my escape from my bad habit. Let me resolve to work on it, to pray on it, to turn it into a habit of good; for I know how you love righteous conduct, and my love for you longs to please you. Work your power to help me please you, might God; for I know that with your help, I can overcome any evil. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

May the God who made me, the God who keeps me, and the God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down His blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep Him in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day, and evermore. Amen.

Affirmation of Deliverance

Today I will extol the Lord; praise shall continually be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; when I am afflicted I will hear the voice of my God and rejoice. Come, glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. When I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. I look to Him and I am radiant, my face is never covered with shame. I called, and He heard me; He saved me out of all my troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around me because I revere Him, and He delivers me. Praise the name of the Lord! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 34:1-7 (NIV)

Dear Lord, there are times when I feel overwhelmed, caught in a web of insurmountable problems, not knowing where to turn. My heart has needs that my mind cannot answer. Oh Lord, teach me to turn everything over to You, to relax, to trust You, to "climb my watchtower and wait to see what answer You will give to my complaint."* ... Remind me that my weakness is also my opportunity to discover Your strength. Forgive me, Lord, for forgetting that You never expected me to carry my burdens alone. ... I need You every hour, I need You. Do not abandon me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Hab. 2:1 -- TLB & NKJ)

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Lord, we give you thanks for the assurance that the past can be left to your mercy, the present to your love, and the future to your providence. Help us to grow more aware of your loving presence, that we may live more authentically and proclaim by our words and actions the good news of the fullness of your love. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

“A Prayer For Reflecting Christ”

Father, we want to resemble You in our attitudes and our actions, as we are being transformed into Your likeness with ever-increasing glory. How grateful we are that the people we are today will improve with time as we stay the course and invite the work of the Holy Spirit to continue its sharpening chisel making less of us and more of You. May all our thought and words and doings honor You and reflect Your Holy Spirit. Be magnified in our lives, whether in our suffering affliction and loss, or achieving a life-long goal. In all we do we seek to honor You. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply