Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-01-2018, 06:10 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - July

July 1

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever. — 1 Peter 1:24

Psalm 9:7-10 The Lord reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment. He rules the world in righteousness and judges the peoples with equity. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. – Ephesians 4:22-24
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 2

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

1 Corinthians 8:3 (NIV) The man who loves God is known by God.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with Me. - Rev. 3:20.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 1 John 4:9

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. - Philippians 4:8

Mark 8:29 NIV "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ."

2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV) - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:56 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 3

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1

"Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart."
Psalms 119:2

John 4:13-14 – Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven. — Matthew 5:16

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13
Old 07-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 4

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

My son, if sinful men entice you, do not give in to them. - Proverbs 1:10

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. – Matthew 5:9

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:7

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. – Galatians 5:13

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:7 (NLT): Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

Today’s Thought: God cares about you. He does not just care about a few things, but everything! He cares about you so much that He knows exactly how many hairs you have on your head!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for caring about me! Today, I ask that You show me in a tangible way exactly how much You care about me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. — Proverbs 2:6

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 5

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Psalms 133:1

So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. John 8:36

Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

I Peter 5:8-9 (NLT): Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." — Luke 18:27
Old 07-06-2018, 06:15 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 6

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

2 Corinthians 9:8 – God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think." Romans 12:2

May God . . . help you live in complete harmony with each other—each with the attitude of Christ Jesus toward the other. Romans 15:5

Treat [others] exactly as you would like them to treat you. Luke 6:31
Old 07-07-2018, 07:02 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 7

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal" (Matthew 6:19-20).

A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:14-16).

(21) If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, (22) for you will heap coals of fire on his head and the Lord will reward you. (TLV) - Proverbs 25:21-22

"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Deuteronomy 31:6

Luke 11:10 – For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Psalm 18:30 – As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker, for he is our God. We are the people he watches over, the flock under his care. - Psalm 95:6-7

Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you. — Hebrews 13:5

Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. — Hebrews 2:18

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. – Romans 12:10-11

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. —Psalm 18:30
Old 07-08-2018, 06:52 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 8

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

John 5:24 Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. — Romans 12:18

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” — Matthew 5:43-44

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. — Isaiah 55:8-9

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
Old 07-09-2018, 06:40 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 9

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

"Be still, and know that I am God..." Psalms 46:10

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22

…do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. — Luke 6:27-28

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you. — Isaiah 26:3

We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Old 07-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 10

James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:8-10

Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! - Psalm 147:1

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Philippians 2:3

May our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father, who loved us . . . comfort your hearts and give you strength in every good thing you do and say. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. – Hebrews 10:19-22

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. —Philippians 1:6
Old 07-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 11

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." -- Matthew 11:28

Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27

Jeremiah 32:17 – Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

Galatians 5:22-23a – But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. —Jeremiah 32:17

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. — Psalm 46:1
Old 07-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 12

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. Psalm 139:4

1 Corinthians 6:11 (NIV) ...you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Thought: Don't ever doubt your salvation. What Jesus did in you is real.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. - John 14:26

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

How precious are your thoughts about me, 0 God! They are innumerable! Psalm 139:17

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" —Matthew 4:4

Matthew 7:7-11 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
Old 07-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 13

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

1 Corinthians 6:17 (NIV) ...he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in Spirit.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

“Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort” (1 Cor. 15:58 MSG).

‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God’” (Mark 4:1–4).

Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5
Old 07-14-2018, 07:24 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 14

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

“Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. You can make many plans, but the LORD’s purpose will prevail.” Proverbs 19:20-21

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:13

(Jesus said) "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love." —John 15:10

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8
Old 07-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 15

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:19

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. — Proverbs 4:23

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. — Luke 11:9

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised” (Hebrews 10:35-36 NIV).

If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. Jeremiah 29:13

For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
Post New ThreadReply