Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

"Prayer - The Most Powerful Form of Energy"
Part 4

“I cried out, “I am slipping!” but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.” — Psalm 94:18-19 (New Living Translation)

I have been in a situation where I have been blessed to know many parents of many very sick children. Some may think this is a strange thing to see as a blessing. To those who do I say, “you should meet some of these parents!” The hours of care that they put in are incredible, they work tirelessly for their child and do all they can to meet their needs. Often there are other children at home as well that need filled child. For some of these parents, 3 hours of sleep in a row is a huge treat! The thing that strikes me though, is how often when asked how they do it, they say prayer. They know they have to make it through their day, but the ones who do it really well hand the worry part over to God so that they have the energy to go forward.

There is little in this life that wears us down and saps our energy as much as worry. The fear of the unknown leads us to worry, and too often paralyzes us from moving forward as those parents do. Another form of worry that drains us of our energy and enthusiasm is the worrying that the truths we believe are actually illusions. This, mentality of “things can’t really be that good” or, “he/she couldn’t really love someone like me that much” keeps us from acting in the faith and the excitement that we all have the ability to embrace.

So how do we drop those burdens that we insist on strapping on our backs? How do we move from a place of step and drag our worries to the freedom to move freely toward our dreams and goals? Look no further then all of those parents: prayer is the answer! When we come before God the Father with all that we carry, acknowledging that we do not have to carry these burdens with us, then we can lay them at his feet, lighten our load, and move with energy and grace that we could not have any other way. Being in conversation with the Lord though prayer reminds us of all his promises. You are forced to face the fact that God does not leave you. That in Him all things are possible. That He will provide us we all that we need, and that He knows exactly what that is. Think about those facts for a moment. It’s like a cup of coffee to the soul! Now your ready to take on the day!

Holy God, in all that we do, we ask that we might be able to hand all our worries over to You through prayer. Help us to tap into Your divine energy. Amen.

“Prayerful Living”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Post New ThreadReply