Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - April

April 1

Proverbs 3:31-32 – Do not envy a violent man or choose any of his ways, for the Lord detests a perverse man but takes the upright into his confidence.

Ephesians 2:4-5 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. — Proverbs 6:20

Isaiah 53:5-6 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2024, 09:52 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 2

Galatians 5:1 1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

PHILIPPIANS 2:3-4 NKJ 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

JOHN 13:34 NKJ 34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

Ephesians 1:3 – Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.

The wise in heart are called discerning, and gracious words promote instruction. — Proverbs 16:21

Matthew 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

Romans 10:17 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:42 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 3

Psalm 37:23-24 23 The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; 24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. – Romans 5:1

“You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; My God turns my darkness into light.” - Psalm 18:28

The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. Psalm 33:5

Ephesians 4:2-3 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:25-32 25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need. 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Exodus 23:4-5 4 “If you come across your enemy’s ox or donkey wandering off, be sure to return it. 5 If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there; be sure you help them with it.

Romans 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:30 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 4

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs – 1 Cor 13:4-5

“The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything that I need. He lets me rest in green pastures. He leads me to calm water” Psalm 23:1,2

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” - Romans 8:28

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

John 14:15-21 15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you. — Proverbs 20:22

Luke 6:27-28 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."
Old 04-04-2024, 08:20 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 5

Psalm 37:23-24 23 The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; 24 though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith" (Ephesians 2:8).

1 John 2:17 "The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever."

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works" (Ephesians 2:10).

2 Chronicles 20:21b – Give thanks to the Lord, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you.

Luke 6:27-28 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15
Old 04-05-2024, 08:02 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 6

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

Colossians 4:5-6 – Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 – Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Old 04-06-2024, 09:14 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 7

1 Peter 5:8 “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. John 12:26

Psalm 28:7 7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of Love, and of a sound mind.”

Philippians 4:13 - “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.”

Romans 8:28 - “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”
Old 04-07-2024, 09:54 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 8

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Hebrews 13:5-6 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him. — Proverbs 20:7

John 14:27 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:41 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 9

“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful” - Colossians 3:15

Proverbs 16:24 24 Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9

James 4:7-8 – Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. — Proverbs 3:11-12

Titus 2:11-14 11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
Old 04-09-2024, 08:52 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 10

Job 11:13-18 13 “Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him, 14 if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, 15 then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear. 16 You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. 17 Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. 18 You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.

Walk in obedience to all that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. Deuteronomy 5:33

Philippians 4:4-9 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise. — Proverbs 20:1
Old 04-10-2024, 04:58 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 11

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. – Ephesians 2:10

1 Peter 2:12 – Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

John 13:34-35 – A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

1 John 4:7 – Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

1 John 4:10 – This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:45 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 12

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

2 Peter 1:3-8 3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us. Isaiah 33:22

1 Peter 4:11 – If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. — Proverbs 19:21
Old 04-12-2024, 08:58 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 13

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

1 Timothy 4:12 – Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this…" (Psalm 37:4-5)

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
Old 04-13-2024, 10:11 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 14

Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through him [Christ] who gives me strength.

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. — Proverbs 18:21

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34).

"Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says" (James 1:22).

“And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7

The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the Word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8
Old 04-14-2024, 09:53 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 15

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

Joshua 1:9 – Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Acts 2:32-33 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Matthew 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men."
Post New ThreadReply